Africaid is a community organisation which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates community prevention, treatment, care and support for children, adolescents and young people living with HIV.Africaid works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The following positions have arisen in our organisation:
1. Deputy Director – Finance and Administration
The Deputy Director will be responsible for providing strong strategic leadership to departmental heads for Finance, Human Resources, IT & Procurement and Logistics through playing an integral role in developing the professional and management skills of the aforementioned staff in collaboration with the other senior management.
- Senior Management role: To ensure effective engagement in organizational management
- Finance & Donor Grant Management functions: To ensure effective and efficient financial & grant management support is provided to Africaid through planning, budgeting and variance analysis/expenditure monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Procurement and transport functions: To ensure effective and efficient logistical support and resources are provided to the staff and programmes.
- Internal Audit: To ensure appropriate and robust internal controls are in place and compliant with donor requirements.
- Human Resources & Administration: To ensure competent and high calibre human resources are attracted and retained to achieve organizational objectives. Oversee payroll and income tax payments.
- Information Technology: To ensure effective IT systems for communication and data management linking with Africaid’s systems
Minimum qualifications and experience A Masters degree in Accounting or Finance related Degree, and a fully qualified member of a recognised Accounting Professional Association such as CA and ACCA, CIS.At least ten years related experience in a similar role in the NGO Sector. Experience in managing multiple international and local donor funds is highly desirable.
2.Head of the Zvandiri Technical Support Unit
To lead the Zvandiri Technical Support Unit in the development and provision of technical support, guidance and supervision to countries and implementing partners seeking to integrate Zvandiri services within their programmes. This role includes establishing and maintaining partnership agreements; leading the development and dissemination of paediatric and adolescent HIV training and mentorship packages and material; leading the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance processes as well as documentation and communication processes.Contributes to the overall planning and management of the assigned Technical Support Unit functional areas in close collaboration with the Deputy Director. Develop workplan/s and ensure timely, efficient and effective implementation of these plans towards the achievement of outputs, outcomes and alignment with programme priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the identification and assessment of potential partners and management of partnership agreements, including accreditation processes
- Lead the TSU team in the development of training and mentorship packages, tools and materials for each context in consultation with countries and partners
- Manage the selection and contracting of consultants, trainers and CATS as part of the TSU
- Lead the capacity building of the TSU team
- Lead the development and implementation of M&E and quality assurance systems
- Establish and support a regional learning exchange system
- Mobilise resources for the Zvandiri Technical Support Unit
Qualifications and experience
- Masters in Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, Development studies
- A minimum of ten years experience in the field of paediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery, programming, training, policy and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience in working with governments, ministries of health and implementing partners in the field of paediatric and adolescent HIV in the region
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering contracts and partnership management
- Demonstrated experience in the development and dissemination of HIV-related training and mentorship packages and materials
Interested applicants should submit a 3 pager CV and letter of motivation in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 9th November 2017, stating post applied for.Please do not attach certificates when applying.
“Africaid is an equal opportunities employer“